BRS

Forum rules
The PantherCave is for Panther builders, potential builders and enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Be Nice and Use a Real Name.
GlenNJ
First Name: Glen
Last Name: Robinson
City or Town: Marmora
State or Province: NJ

Re: BRS

Post by GlenNJ »

Dan,
Here is their login: http://www.secondchantz.com/index.html
Glen

danweseman
First Name: dan
Last Name: weseman
State or Province:

Post by danweseman »

Glen ,I have second chance under the bench from my Phantom UL. Do you have a link for them? Dan
Dan Weseman
Designer
Builder
Test pilot
Panther 515XP

GlenNJ

Post by GlenNJ »

Rachel,
Ballistic parachutes never seem to draw much interest with airplanes like the Panther. I guess the high prices of the systems, make people loose interest. It would be a nice option to have while flying over inhospitable terrain, but a recovery system sized for the Panther would probably be well over $5,000. I looked up Magnum parachutes on-line because I had never heard of them, and found out something interesting. Second Chantz parachutes is back in business. There rocket is neat because it uses compressed nitrogen instead of a burning rocket. Second Chantz seemed popular at one time, and I never understood why they went out of business.
Glen

rlweseman
Site Admin
First Name: Rachel
Last Name: Weseman
State or Province:

Post by rlweseman »

The production fuselage will have tabs to attach the lanyard in the base of the roll bar. The chute would mount in the baggage area and fire through a panel in the aft portion of the canopy. No lanyards would be outside of the fuselage.
We have had the most amount of contact with Magnum parachutes and think this will be the option we go with in the future.
Despite multiple attempts to contact the engineering department at BRS we have had no response. The interest in airframe parachutes, to date, has been very low - therefore it has not been on the top-priority list.

GlenNJ

BRS

Post by GlenNJ »

Dan,
On your ad for the Panther, it says the frame will have attachment points for a Ballistic Recovery System. I've been wondering how this system would work on the Panther. Would the rocket fire out the top or side of the fuselage? If it fires out the top, would it fire through the canopy, or through the aluminum behind the canopy? Would any parts of the harness have to be mounted on the outside of the fuselage, or could the whole harness be mounted completely inside the fuselage?
Glen