Views from the Panther

Forum rules
The PantherCave is for Panther builders, potential builders and enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Be Nice and Use a Real Name.
Tony Spicer
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Spicer
State or Province:

Re: Views from the Panther

Post by Tony Spicer »

Steve,

I've never had an issue with visibility in a low wing airplane. I have a connection between something in my brain and my right hand. Brain says move the wing, there's something under it I want to see. Wing moves, involuntary reflex just like breathing. No effort on my part.

As to the rest of the visibility in the Panther, it's great. I never moved the seat from where Dan had it when I flew. He has me by six inches vertically, and I have him by six inches horizontally, but no problems with visibility. It will only get better with the higher canopy and the seat adjusted for short and squat.

Tony

Merzy
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Meier
State or Province:

Views from the Panther

Post by Merzy »

This is a question especially for Tony and/or Dan.
I'm wondering how the views are from the Panther (in flight)... especially in comparison to a Sonex? Not because I'm thinking about a Sonex, but because both planes are low wing and it's not uncommon to hear some complaints about the downward view in a Sonex. I'm guessing that the two of you might be the only people in the world qualified to make this comparison right now (possibly also the Kitplane editor?)...or at the very least the best qualified.
Just curious. Thanks.

Steve