Uff Da

Forum rules
The PantherCave is for Panther builders, potential builders and enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Be Nice and Use a Real Name.
wmensink
First Name: Will
Last Name: Mensink
State or Province:

Re: Uff Da

Post by wmensink »

Steve, I have not heard from anyone else locally that is building but I am sure that will change with time. Probably about when the Kitplanes Panther article comes out if not before! I am assuming much but I think anyone seriously considering a Panther/Cougar build would be on this forum.

Kelley, I agree! We will have to stay in touch to compare notes. It is wonderful to have another builder close by.

Will
"Pair up in threes" Yogi Berra

Kokemiller
First Name: Kelley
Last Name: Kokemiller
State or Province:

Post by Kokemiller »

Good to see so many Midwesterners! Be nice to be able to stop in and check each others progress.

Merzy
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Meier
State or Province:

Post by Merzy »

Will,
Would love to build the Panther...probably have to wait for the Cougar. My wife says it has to have a least 2 seats :roll:
Wish I was a little closer to you :) Do you kow of anyone else in MN looking build the Panther?
Steve

wmensink
State or Province:

Post by wmensink »

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes! Ron, I am sure I will have more useful tips in store.... Steve, I'm probably 4 hours SE of you in the Rochester area. Are you building a Panther or yet to be decided?

Will
"When I was a kid I used to....no, I still do that!

Merzy
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Meier
State or Province:

Post by Merzy »

Will,
Since you are recruiting helpers, I'd love to be one :) How close are you to Willmar.
Steve

habickford
First Name: Harold
Last Name: Bickford
State or Province:

Post by habickford »

Welcome Will,
The Panther is a winner, pure and simple. I grew up in Maine where we had the warm season, August 7 and 8. Guess that's why it always seemed there was lots of time to build things.

Harold

RonFranck
First Name: Ron
Last Name: Franck
City or Town: Cambridge
State or Province: IL

Post by RonFranck »

Will, Welcome to the Panther scene. Not much happening here yet but I hope to see other builders chime in occasionally on their builds as the parts start flowing out from sunny Florida. Thanks for the heads up on drilling the flesh. :shock:
This will be my first aluminum build so there will be a lot to be learned for me.
Ron

rlweseman
Site Admin
First Name: Rachel
Last Name: Weseman
State or Province:

Post by rlweseman »

Welcome to the PantherCave Will! So glad to have you. We hope this forum will be a good resource for the builders community. Dan and I, and the rest of TeamPanther are glad you are here!

wmensink
State or Province:

Uff Da

Post by wmensink »

It's time for me to jump in and introduce myself. I'm Will up here in Minnesota where we have wonderful summers and 9 months of perfect airplane building weather every year! Rachel tells me I am #14 and I have been dusting off my tools and clearing a space for the tail kit. I have already posted a note on the wall reminding me NOT to drill through the aluminum and my finger again. Those air drills go through anything like butter!

I hadn't heard of the Panther Team and their scheme and i was overjoyed when I stumbled upon them at KOSH. I have been looking and waiting and hoping for an aerobatic LSA and I think Dan designed the best plane possible given the LSA parameters.

I am very excited to work with the Panther team and to get to know more of you as our builds progress. This will only be my second build. My first was an RV-8 quickbuild. Yes, I cheat and take help and shortcuts. Dan, Rachel, Tony and the others are bona fide builders and have patiently answered my silly questions. I'm more of an assembler but eager to jump into this project as I want to fly it! I am already thinking of how to get local recruits to help out. Considering bringing my smoker to the airport hangar and maybe a brisket, pork shoulder or ribs will bring in some labor to lend a hand when needed. :idea:

Will
Last edited by wmensink on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.