Build #2 will be a Panther

Introduce Yourself Here - Create your own thread and upload your project photos
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
rlweseman
Site Admin
First Name: Rachel
Last Name: Weseman
State or Province:

Re: Build #2 will be a Panther

Post by rlweseman »

Hi Kelly - Thanks for taking the time time to introduce yourself. I think a Hopped up 0-200 would be an ideal engine! We are hard at work over next few weeks getting tail kits and plans out, then wing kits etc, but we hope to have some interesting engine developments soon. Glad to have you as a builder ! Stay in-touch - Dan

Kokemiller
First Name: Kelley
Last Name: Kokemiller
State or Province:

Build #2 will be a Panther

Post by Kokemiller »

Hello from central Iowa.

I started building a standard build RV-9A in December '07 and completed and flew in April '10. I have well over 300 hrs on it and really enjoy this bird. Started out building thinking this was the only way to bet into a nice plane. What I didn't realize was that I enjoyed the building process as much as flying.

I have been following the panther progress and am impressed with it and everyone involved. I looked it over at OSH and have since ordered a tail kit. I haven't decided on power plant yet. Like the price of a corvair but have a hard time getting past the auto conversion thing. Like the UL except for the price and the fact they have almost no field experience. I have always liked the Jabiru and it looks as though they may have a pretty well designed fwf pkg. I have a friend with a midget mustang powered by O-200 125hp continental that in my opinion would make a great engine for the panther. Then of course there is the Lyc 320 that would turn the panther into a small rocket. Plenty of time to get to that point in the build.