Joiner Pushrods P4611

General Panther Building Discussion
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
RonFranck
First Name: Ron
Last Name: Franck
City or Town: Cambridge
State or Province: IL

Joiner Pushrods P4611

Post by RonFranck »

When installing the two Joiner Pushrods pn# P4611 and adjusting them to center the control stick while keeping the aileron paddles parallel I ran out of adjustment. The MW-5 Rod Ends would bottom out, requiring me to shorten the threaded portion of the Pushrod ever so slightly. To do so I placed the pushrod in a bench vice, threaded on the appropriate sized die from my tap and die set
IMG_0433.JPG
and cut off about a 1/4" from each end of the pushrod. After cutting off the desired amount i slightly bevelled the cut end and backed off the die to clean up any damaged threads. It's much easier to have the die on the threaded portion prior to cutting than it is to run it over the threads after cutting them and avoiding the posibility of cross-threading the rod. I was then able to reasily re-seat the Rod Ends and make the necessary adjustments to get everything centered. I hope you find this helpful if you shouldfind yourself in a similar situation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.