GRT EFIS/ Sandia STX165R transponder/ECHO interface

Avionics and Electronics Topics
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
fwellman@att.net
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Wellman
City or Town: Middleburg Hts
State or Province: Ohio

Re: GRT EFIS/ Sandia STX165R transponder/ECHO interface

Post by fwellman@att.net »

If anyone else experiences this, the problem turned out to be a bad connection in the antenna cable.
Fred

fwellman@att.net

Thanks Brian,
The setting you might be talking about is Set Menu>General settings, all the way at the bottom there is Air/Ground Transition speed. The lowest setting is 30, or Auto, which is also around 30.

I'm not sure if that would affect the transponder modes or not. How would you ever do a VFR transponder certification if you couldn't get it out of standby unless you are moving? Perhaps you are referring to another setting?

I will contact you offline.

Thanks

rv10builder
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Sutherland
City or Town: Arrington
State or Province: TN

Post by rv10builder »

Fred,

I have the exact same set up and if I remember correctly, the GRT EFIS keeps the transponder in standby mode until a predetermined airspeed has been reached at which time the transponder is switched to active mode. I don’t remember the exact setting in the EFIS and will have to try to locate it. Feel free to contact me offline.
Brian S.
Arrington, TN
SPA Panther Sport S/N 087, O-320-B2B (160HP), Catto 3-Blade, GRT Mini, flying 100+ hours
RV-10 N104BS (Sold)

fwellman@att.net

GRT EFIS/ Sandia STX165R transponder/ECHO interface

Has anyone tried to interface the GRT EFIS with a Sandia STX 165R (remote) transponder and the Echo uat?

This is the combination that I have, and I cannot get them to interface properly. I have contacted all 3 companies, and no one seems to be able to help.

My issue is that I cannot get the STX165R transponder off of the standby mode. The efis and the transponder are communicating but it remains on standby.

I am ready to take hostages.

If anyone has this combination of avionics, please contact me.

Thanks
Fred