A little late to the party...

Introduce Yourself Here - Create your own thread and upload your project photos
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
GregM
First Name: Greg
Last Name: Marshall
City or Town: Alexandria
State or Province: VA

Re: A little late to the party...

Post by GregM »

Hi Tom,
Sounds like you and I had pretty similar experiences... except I wasn't able to fit my Prius in the garage during my build!

Great that you're having fun flying... I'm really looking forward to that.
Best,
- Greg

tomkk
First Name: Tom
Last Name: Kodey
City or Town: Port Orange
State or Province: FL

Re: A little late to the party...

Post by tomkk »

It is a fun build, isn't it? I did my entire build in my two car garage. Stored the wings in my dining room when they were completed but otherwise even managed to fit both my cars (a Miata & a Prius) into the garage along with the completed fuselage including empennage!

Welcome to the group. The Panther is a real fun airplane to fly.
Tom
Port Orange, Fl
Panther #104 (1st flight March 13, 2020, 72 hrs as of July 15, 2020)
RV-12 (1st flight June 10, 2015)
RV-12 (Eagles Nest 1st flight May 18, 2019)

GregM
First Name: Greg
Last Name: Marshall
City or Town: Alexandria
State or Province: VA

A little late to the party...

Post by GregM »

Hi guys,
Greg Marshall here from Alexandria, VA. I've been building Panther #102 in my garage for the past couple of years and figured it's time to take a break, figure out how to actually log into this forum, and say hello. As a lurker, I've enjoyed and learned a lot from your discussions/posts... thanks.

So far so good on my side. I've (mostly) enjoyed the build and marvel at how much I've learned ('had to learn') along the way. (It's been great to have support from Dan, Rachel and Lisa.) Given that there's now some light at the end of the tunnel, I'm beginning to think about where to test fly this thing and how to get it there. Meanwhile, I've still got the engine to finish and test (I'm building a Lycoming IO-320) and a whole lot of testing to do on other systems. (In particular, my electrical system is a bit unusual, so I look forward to seeing it perform while the engine is running). Then on to crossover training (since I mostly fly C182/172). Plenty of fun yet to be had!

I'll keep this short and hope you're all well.