HUD (Heads Up Display)

Avionics and Electronics Topics
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
rv10builder
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Sutherland
City or Town: Arrington
State or Province: TN

Re: HUD (Heads Up Display)

Post by rv10builder »

Video of the HUD in operation as promised:

https://youtu.be/8PanWMYIXxU
Brian S.
Arrington, TN
SPA Panther Sport S/N 087, O-320-B2B (160HP), Catto 3-Blade, GRT Mini, flying 100+ hours
RV-10 N104BS (Sold)

rv10builder

Post by rv10builder »

Working on it and will update here when I post one!
Brian S.
Arrington, TN
SPA Panther Sport S/N 087, O-320-B2B (160HP), Catto 3-Blade, GRT Mini, flying 100+ hours
RV-10 N104BS (Sold)

Viking
First Name: Ragnar
Last Name: Ingason
City or Town: Wheelersburg
State or Province: Ohio

Post by Viking »

Nice! Any videos?
Ragnar Ingason
Ohio(KPMH)
Panther Sport S/N 50, Titan340, Whirlwind CS prop.

rv10builder

HUD (Heads Up Display)

Post by rv10builder »

When I was building my Panther I followed GRT Avionics’ regular updates as they experimented with Hudly’s innovative display. During that time I purchased the feature from GRT and a Hudly in anticipation of eventually installing it. Fast forward a little over a year later and 100 hours on airframe I decided to continue the experimenting and install in the Panther. Setup was actually quite simple and once configured I made a test flight to try it out. I’m pleased to report that the combination makes flying the Panther even more enjoyable!

Having airspeed, heading, and altitude information in line of site over the nose makes the landing approach easier. After flying with the Hudly for about 10 minutes and gaining comfort I headed back to the airport for a normal left hand pattern. I also made it a point to keep my eyes outside the cockpit this time. With left hand on the throttle, right hand on the stick, the display made it easy to quickly adjust power and pitch to nail the airspeed on final while never taking eyes off the runway. Very cool indeed!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian S.
Arrington, TN
RV-10 N104BS (Sold)