Tail Fairing

General Panther Building Discussion
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
bruceflys
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: McGregor
City or Town: Ocala
State or Province: FL

Re: Tail Fairing

Post by bruceflys »

Dan, that would explain why I could not find any instructions! I imagine that I will use spaced nutplates or rivnuts as that fairing should come off during condition inspections.

My tail fairing fits reasonably well with zero to 1/8" gaps all around except at the leading edge of the vertical stabilizer. A 1/4" gap there may require a cut and new layup. Otherwise a little heat gun work should suffice.

Perhaps these fairings have gotten better. My kit is #106.

Bruce

PlaneDan
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Heath
City or Town: Lexington
State or Province: SC USA

Re: Tail Fairing

Post by PlaneDan »

Don't know if there is a page for that. Just curious, does yours fit? I don't know of anyone who's fit from the factory.

Once I got mine the way I wanted it to fit, I simply put a threaded insert on either side of the VS, about halfway back along the fairing, on each side of the VS, and put in a screw. With the front of it curled under the HS, I do not see anyway that it can come off in flight.

http://pantherbuilder.org/
PantherBuilder.org

bruceflys
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: McGregor
City or Town: Ocala
State or Province: FL

Tail Fairing

Post by bruceflys »

I am unable to locate in the builders manual instructions for mounting the tail fairing. I tried a digital search and flipping pages without success. Could someone point me to the pertinent pages among the 1,086 of the manual?

Thanks, Bruce