Crooked Throttle Quadrant

General Panther Building Discussion
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
at7000ft
First Name: RICK
Last Name: HOLLAND
City or Town: CASTLE ROCK
State or Province: Colorado

Re: Crooked Throttle Quadrant

Post by at7000ft »

In case anyone is wondering, it is supposed to be crooked on the bottom, the reply from Baxter via AC:

Yes
It is correct.
It allows the friction to tighten and loosen.
If it was the same spacing it would not loosen.
Rock
Baxter Quadrants
Rick Holland
N6819Z

at7000ft

Post by at7000ft »

woolleys wrote:Rick. I have one of the ACS quadrant installed in my panther and it is flush top to bottom. It appears that the bottom spacer is a bit to long and needs to be trimmed. That appears to be to simple a fix but it's hard to believe that QC at AC let the quadant out with that issue. An exchange maybe the right fix.
Right Bob, could just fix it but it doesn't give you much confidence in their quality control department.

Rick
Rick Holland
N6819Z

woolleys
First Name: Bob
Last Name: Woolley
City or Town: Green Cove Springs
State or Province: Florida

Post by woolleys »

Rick. I have one of the ACS quadrant installed in my panther and it is flush top to bottom. It appears that the bottom spacer is a bit to long and needs to be trimmed. That appears to be to simple a fix but it's hard to believe that QC at AC let the quadant out with that issue. An exchange maybe the right fix.

rv10builder
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Sutherland
City or Town: Arrington
State or Province: TN

Post by rv10builder »

Here’s mine installed:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian S.
Arrington, TN
SPA Panther Sport S/N 087, O-320-B2B (160HP), Catto 3-Blade, GRT Mini, flying 100+ hours
RV-10 N104BS (Sold)

at7000ft

Post by at7000ft »

ykachuro wrote:Rick, i used a different quadrant, but perhaps a couple of thoughts.
— maybe it would straighten if/when you tighten the bolt? It is hard to say from the pictures.
— my different type of quadrant looked straight, but it didn’t fit flush with the mounting points on the fuse cage. Actually, it worked nicely for me as i think the trim lever fit better for me, although I ended up using a washer under between the quadrant and the mounting point in one case. So, it might be worth try-fitting it with the trim lever and see if the fit is good when it all comes together?
Its the same with the bolts tight Yuri, think I will send the picture to AS and have them verify that they all are made that way.

Rick
Rick Holland
N6819Z

ykachuro
First Name: Yuri
Last Name: K
City or Town: St John + Steamboat
State or Province: USVI + CO

Post by ykachuro »

Rick, i used a different quadrant, but perhaps a couple of thoughts.
— maybe it would straighten if/when you tighten the bolt? It is hard to say from the pictures.
— my different type of quadrant looked straight, but it didn’t fit flush with the mounting points on the fuse cage. Actually, it worked nicely for me as i think the trim lever fit better for me, although I ended up using a washer under between the quadrant and the mounting point in one case. So, it might be worth try-fitting it with the trim lever and see if the fit is good when it all comes together?

at7000ft

Crooked Throttle Quadrant

Post by at7000ft »

Anyone that has used the build manual recommended throttle quadrant (P/N 05-15950 homebuilders 2 lever throttle quadrant model 4 from Aircraft Spruce), just received mine and the bottom of it is crooked (see below), is this the way this thing is supposed to be?

thanks

Rick H
IMG_2422.JPG
IMG_2418.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rick Holland
N6819Z