Greetings from San Diego

Introduce Yourself Here - Create your own thread and upload your project photos
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
habickford
First Name: Harold
Last Name: Bickford
State or Province:

Re: Greetings from San Diego

Post by habickford »

I promised my wife a bigger building area for a motorglider and she also found an MG to restore:)

Harold

Tony Spicer
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Spicer
State or Province:

Re: Greetings from San Diego

Post by Tony Spicer »

Mark,

Three view here: http://www.sportperformanceaviation.com ... .5x_11.pdf

The garage thing is easy. Promise your wife a new(er) car when the Panther is finished.

Tony

CAVU Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: A
State or Province:

Greetings from San Diego

Post by CAVU Mark »

Hello,

I always enjoy flying with someone but for some reason I am explicable drawn to this plane. Perhaps I will be able to fit in it! At 6'2" 195lbs most light sport aircraft seem more like RCs.

My background, prior to aviation junkie, was in instrument sales and marketing, read that as "I flew a desk". 2008 I quit got my Private and A&P. Since then I have a thousand hours or so volunteering at San Diego Air and Space Museum, USS Midway (Airwing of course), and WWII Museum in New Orleans (restored a TBM for them in SD). I am now also teaching at the A&P school where I earned my certification.

I have worked on Neuports, F4Fs, a couple of F4Us, PT-22, a few other non flying projects (I do the fabric work). Current flying projects include: Stearman (Navy colors of course), Helio Courier, WACO YKS-7 and another PT-22 (if the powers to be want to spend the money on an electrical system). I own a Cessna 170 in which I learned. I don't know how to land a nose wheel aircraft. :o

My wife is Australian, we met in Greece, and I enjoy going to Australia. We have some friends who are Quantas pilots and my greatest hangar story is when I picked them up in Oceanside and was PIC for a A380 and 747 pilot whom I promptly dazzled with my noise abatement departure. I proudly fly from Brown Field which may have the greatest variety of aircraft on one field, including but not limited to: H-60s, C-130, experimental, F-18s, F5s, 172s, all sorts of GA, powered parachutes, MIG-21, stearmans, Fairchilds, Albatros, KR-2, lighter than air, and Skycranes during fire season, and all sorts of Gulfstreams and Cessna jets. Stop by EAA Chapter 14 sometime and see the action.

I am in the process of acclimating my wife to the idea that I will be building an aircraft in her garage. This delicate topics take time. Lastly I would like to see a plan view of the longer wing since my thoughts are of the light sport version.

Regards,

Mark