Wing Fold Center Slider block jig

General Panther Building Discussion
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
Barry
First Name: Barry
Last Name: Cole
City or Town: Salida
State or Province: Co

Re: Wing Fold Center Slider block jig

Post by Barry »

Scott,

Great idea and it looks great. However, if you follow the build manual and match drill all four ribs after CAREFULLY centering the nylon block on the biggest lightning hole, all the rib blocks will be perfectly aligned to each other. After careful measurement of the lightning holes, they are not all perfect, so alignment to each other is most important. Please don't take this as a negative comment on the alignment tool, as it is a great idea, but it was not a big hurdle in lining up my blocks. Plus I am CAD stupid!!

Barry
Panther Sport #95

GlenNJ
First Name: Glen
Last Name: Robinson
City or Town: Marmora
State or Province: NJ

Post by GlenNJ »

Scott,

Thanks for making this CAD file available. This is perfect timing, as I just started working on my wing ribs. I downloaded the file, and I'm looking for someone at work that can print me this jig.

Thanks again,
Glen

at7000ft
First Name: RICK
Last Name: HOLLAND
City or Town: CASTLE ROCK
State or Province: Colorado

Post by at7000ft »

Jinkers wrote:I wasn't sure how to eyeball the Wing Fold Center Slider block on the ribs so I drew up a centering jig and had it 3d printed. If anybody thinks they might be interested in the Solidworks files I can upload them to GrabCAD.
Scott

I can't yet envision what this part is useful for yet, but I think once I have my fuselage done and try to slide the wings in it will become obvious. But I also want to thank you for getting me motivated to finally learn CAD. I have done software work for years but never anything using CAD, played with AutoCAD for maybe a week once but never really designed anything. Didn't realize how easy it was to online order 3D printed parts from files (and I assume metal machined parts the same way). Loaded FreeCAD on my mac and will try to get serious about it this time (Solidworks only runs on windows and I read it's real slow running on a windows vm on a mac).

Thanks for the part files.

Rick Holland
Panther #32
Rick Holland
N6819Z

Jinkers
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Flugum
City or Town: Fort Collins
State or Province: CO

Post by Jinkers »

I have tried twice to post the link to GrabCAD but for some reason the forum just doesn't like it. You can just google GrabCAD and the search on 'Panther' on GrabCAD to download the files.

matthunter1448
First Name: matthew
Last Name: wiechman
City or Town: spanaway
State or Province: wa

Post by matthunter1448 »

I would be interested

Jinkers
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Flugum
City or Town: Fort Collins
State or Province: CO

Wing Fold Center Slider block jig

Post by Jinkers »

I wasn't sure how to eyeball the Wing Fold Center Slider block on the ribs so I drew up a centering jig and had it 3d printed. If anybody thinks they might be interested in the Solidworks files I can upload them to GrabCAD.
Wing Fold Centering Jig.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.