Need advice from past/present RV builders

General Panther Building Discussion
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
ykachuro
First Name: Yuri
Last Name: K
City or Town: St John + Steamboat
State or Province: USVI + CO

Need advice from past/present RV builders

Post by ykachuro »

I find the Partner’s BM to be very comprehensive, but to the point where the builders are given the broadest range of engine choices (not to mention the choice of electrical systems and avionics). I am getting to the stage where it would be great to have some materials I can use to refer to for a Lycoming engine and the related systems installation. I’ve been bugging Dan with questions, and he has always been very responsive and helpful. But I don’t want to impose on him more than I have to.
Now, I see that Vans has made their complete plans/BMs for all their models available on USB memory sticks for $10 per model. Some of their more recent models have very comprehensive (but very engine and avionics specific) finishing kits. If the plans they sell have comprehensive guidance on a Lycoming engine installation, I suspect it would be relevant to the engine installation on my Panther. For $10 a piece, I guess I can buy a couple of plans and see what they have. But perhaps a past RV builder would confirm if I will indeed find it helpful and what model plans would be particularly relevant.
Thanks!