Wing Tip Light Mount

Avionics and Electronics Topics
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
Jinkers
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Flugum
City or Town: Fort Collins
State or Province: CO

Re: Wing Tip Light Mount

Post by Jinkers »

I posted the files to GrabCAD. Just a caution, these bases are made for the AveoFlashLP LSA LED lights. They may work for other Aveo lights but you will need to make sure that the mounting dimensions are the same. They will not work for other types of lights. I included the wing tip surface model (section of the wing tip) that I used to create the bases, this surface model can be used as a cutting surface to create mounts for lights with different mounting dimensions.

The files posted are the Solidworks part files, the wing tip surface part file, the STL files for the Left and Right mounts (these are the files that the parts are printed from) along with a couple of photo's.

Here is the link to the files on GrabCAD:

https://grabcad.com/library/wing-tip-light-mount-1

I had these printed at Shapeways.com using the Black/Strong/Flexible material (~$20 ea.) They have other colors and materials you can print with at your discretion. However, using another material that is less flexible my not be a good idea. These were designed to have a mm or so gap in the middle that would close when the mounting screws are tightened. Below is a link to Shapeways.

https://www.shapeways.com/

Eric, I send you an email through the forum, let me know if you don't get it.

Rick, let me know if you would like me to send the files to you directly as well.

muehlberg
First Name: S. Eric
Last Name: Muehlberg
City or Town: Newcastle (OKC)
State or Province: Oklahoma

Post by muehlberg »

Scott, looks great and just what I need right now. Wasn't going to put nav lights/strobes on and just recently changed my mind. But I really wasn't looking forward to fabricating something to mount them. What you have is perfect. Please send me the file, or have your contact print another set and I'll gladly pay. Thank you so much!

Eric Muehlberg
Panther LS, S/N 11

at7000ft
First Name: RICK
Last Name: HOLLAND
City or Town: CASTLE ROCK
State or Province: Colorado

Post by at7000ft »

Nice work Scott, may take you up on your offer. Am also in CO down in Castle Rock.

Rick Holland
Rick Holland
N6819Z

Jinkers
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Flugum
City or Town: Fort Collins
State or Province: CO

Wing Tip Light Mount

Post by Jinkers »

I have drawn up a wing tip light mount in Solidworks for mounting the AveoFlash LSA LED Strobe. I had it printed by Shapeways.com and I think it turned out pretty good. If anybody wants the SW part file to modify or the STL file to have them printed PM me and I will send them to you.
WingTip_03.jpg
WingTip_02.jpg
WingTip_01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.