Instrument Panels and Interiors

Suggestions and Wish List Discussion Board
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
Seansull
First Name: Sean
Last Name: Sullivan
City or Town: Fort Worth
State or Province: TX

Re: Instrument Panels and Interiors

Post by Seansull »

Hey Guys!

I’ve started two new threads under Building a Panther.
“Show us your panel” and “Show us your interior.”

Hopefully we can have someone make it a sticky at the top of that section. Let’s all post our pics for the other builders to see.

Cheers!
Sean Sullivan
Based at KFWS
Fort Worth, TX 76110
Panther Builder SN048

Mine & Brian's Panther Builder Site:
https://www.facebook.com/NTXPantherSquadron

Our "Flight Club" page
https://www.facebook.com/FlightClubSpinks?ref=bookmarks

Jinkers
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Flugum
City or Town: Fort Collins
State or Province: CO

Post by Jinkers »

Good idea. Not sure that SPA has to manage that though, it's more an issue of builders being willing to share which I don't see as a problem. Over on the Vans Airforce forum there are lots of threads like "Show us your finished Panel". Hopefully if you start a thread in the Avionics and Instruments section those who have completed there panels would post photo's and answer questions. Certainly worth the effort. Since I have been recently working on a panel layout in SolidWorks I would certainly post a screenshot of the progress and ask for suggestions.

Scott

jamesmil
First Name: jimmy
Last Name: miller
City or Town: wilmington
State or Province: nc

Post by jamesmil »

Great idea

RonFranck
First Name: Ron
Last Name: Franck
City or Town: Cambridge
State or Province: IL

Instrument Panels and Interiors

Post by RonFranck »

This suggestion may be more for the moderators, something to consider, but it might benefit all current and future builders. That is to create a page where one could view examples of interiors and instrument panels as installed by the builders of completed Panthers. It would be a clearing house, of sorts where we might glean ideas :idea: on how to finish the interiors of our uncompleted Panthers. This, of course, would require submissions from the owners of completed Panthers, but who wouldn't want to show others their accomplishments?? Perhaps the owners might be so candid as to share what they might have done differently so we might avoid any pitfalls they have discovered in designing their panels and interior finishes.
So, what do you think? :? Needed? Helpful? Silly? Too much to put on SPA's resources? :?: Let me now your thoughts.