Sierra Papa: "Panther haunts my dreams"

Introduce Yourself Here - Create your own thread and upload your project photos
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
rlweseman
Site Admin
First Name: Rachel
Last Name: Weseman
State or Province:

Re: Sierra Papa: "Panther haunts my dreams"

Post by rlweseman »

Hi Stephen-
So great to meet you and welcome to the PantherCave! I think I have read your post below 6 or 7 times now, and it tickles me pink every time. I cannot explain how awesome it is to have people like you share the excitement with us. We have been excited about the Panther for so long, but bursting at the seams to share it with builders just like you! And now we can and it feels great!

I understand your urgent need to build, we are working on it as fast as we can, but the flight testing is taking precedence. We will be releasing tail kits by Oshkosh and the wing kits will be right behind. The tail plans will also be available by Oshkosh if you want to scratch build.

Thanks again for joining!
- Rachel

stephen
First Name: Stephen
Last Name: Humphrey
State or Province:

Sierra Papa: "Panther haunts my dreams"

Post by stephen »

Like others here this first day of the forums, I too saw the prototype Panther at Sun n Fun. I'm pretty sure I saw the partial airframe at Oshkosh last year, too. The problem is I didn't realize what I was seeing, and thought myself too busy to check it out up close. Doh!

Upon returning from Florida, with finally enough time to catch up on the news from the show, I found Dan's posts and videos, and I was immediately smitten! With the Panther, that is, not with Dan!

Now she haunts my dreams. I want to start building today, no . . . yesterday, which is a bit odd considering I'm already building an RV-9 with my teenaged son, Tyson. But that plane will be ours. This one will be mine.

Plus, I know already that my Panther will beat my RV into the air, even with the RV's head start, because I won't have to wait on Tyson's schedule or my budget. (Lycomings appear to be increasing in cost faster than my Lycoming account is increasing in equity.)

I wish there were a way I could start immediately. At least with scratch-building the wing ribs or something. I don't even need to see the whole plan set; I'm already convinced. Do one of the beta builders want to lend me their rib template? (Kidding, of course, I'm sure Dan will strafe your hangar if you give away any secrets prematurely.)

Anyway, where do I send my deposit? I'm ready to commit.

Keep going on the flight testing, guys. Faster. Faster! There's a whole lot of us following along and (happily) dreaming of joining you in the air.

Anybody want to buy my RV-3 preview plans?
--
Stephen