Introduce Yourself Here - Create your own thread and upload your project photos
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
at7000ft
First Name: RICK
Last Name: HOLLAND
City or Town: CASTLE ROCK
State or Province: Colorado

Re: #92

Post by at7000ft »

ykachuro wrote:Rick, I am in Steamboat Springs. I am yet to start the tail kit, but i am also preliminarily thinking about a 320. I also think that long wings might be helpful at this altitude, but I have time to consider :)
Yes, am building the long wing version, part for better high altitude climb rate and part for LSA. Steamboat airport (and Steamboat Springs) is beautiful, attended a flyin thing there a few years ago.

Rick
Rick Holland
N6819Z

ykachuro
First Name: Yuri
Last Name: K
City or Town: St John + Steamboat
State or Province: USVI + CO

Post by ykachuro »

Rick, I am in Steamboat Springs. I am yet to start the tail kit, but i am also preliminarily thinking about a 320. I also think that long wings might be helpful at this altitude, but I have time to consider :)

at7000ft
First Name: RICK
Last Name: HOLLAND
City or Town: CASTLE ROCK
State or Province: Colorado

Post by at7000ft »

ykachuro wrote:Brent, thank you! It's your fault to a great extent :). I've been following your progress.

We found ourselves settling in CO with the MSL altitude of 7k' and DA in the summer of 10k++ at ground level.... So, I've decided to find a new home for the yellow bird. She'd be out of her element here, unfortunately. Sorry about that...
You and me both Yuri, 10,000 ft DA on the runway on hot days (at KFLY in Colorado Springs for me). Why I am looking for a used 160 HP 320 for my Panther. Have tail and wings done, working fuse.

Welcome

Rick Holland
Castle Rock, CO
Rick Holland
N6819Z

ykachuro

Post by ykachuro »

Brent, thank you! It's your fault to a great extent :). I've been following your progress.

We found ourselves settling in CO with the MSL altitude of 7k' and DA in the summer of 10k++ at ground level.... So, I've decided to find a new home for the yellow bird. She'd be out of her element here, unfortunately. Sorry about that...

mayo3808
First Name: Brent
Last Name: Mayo
City or Town: Fernandina
State or Province: FL

Post by mayo3808 »

Welcome Yuri glad to see your building a Panther. I'v had mine flying now fro a little over a year.
Brent Mayo
SN#053 Flying
Corvair 3.0
Fernandina, FL

ykachuro

Post by ykachuro »

Greetings from Panther-to-be #92!

First time builder here with the ambitions not to spoil the completion statistics of this fine aircraft