Folding wing fuel connection

General Panther Building Discussion
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
Lowrider
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Dickey
City or Town: Sandpoint
State or Province: ID

Re: Folding wing fuel connection

Post by Lowrider »

Just a thought...I just replaced my boat tank to engine rubber fuel lines for the first time since I bought the boat in 1997. I replaced them because they were cracking but did not leak. They get stepped on and abused on a regular basis all Summer then they sit outside in the sun and winter weather and come back for more. I suspect stainless guarded hose would last just fine at least it has on my 1981 GL1100 and if I remember correctly I put them on maybe 15 years ago, not because the rubber lines leaked but because they looked cool...just a thought.

psalter
First Name: Paul
Last Name: Salter
State or Province:

Re: Folding wing fuel connection

Post by psalter »

I use Jiffy Tite quick disconnects. They operate similar to an air compressor quick disconnect. Might drip once or twice while disconnecting then stops and seals up. While at shows we fold them several times a day. It only takes a couple minutes to fold.

Here is a video from Jiffy tite on them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eFkBYp4Ku8
Paul Salter
Team Panther
Engineer and Builder

RVT
First Name: Tom
Last Name: Brown
City or Town: Atlanta
State or Province: Georgia

Folding wing fuel connection

Post by RVT »

First post. I'm an RV7 flyer considering building a Panther.
Wondering how exactly the fuel connection works with the folding wings? Is it realistic to fold and unfold the wings once a week without issues?