Intro from San Diego Ca area

Introduce Yourself Here - Create your own thread and upload your project photos
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
Theduff
First Name: David
Last Name: Duffer
City or Town: Fallbrook
State or Province: Ca.

Intro from San Diego Ca area

Post by Theduff »

I'm David Duffer, Duff to my buddies. I currently fly a hot rod RV-4 that I built in the 90's and have over a thousand hours of enjoyable flying in. I'm on my third version of the ideal Lycoming, as I seem to not be able to leave well enough alone. We're good for 200 knots down low and cruise over 200 mph. I like to build pumped up Lycomings for other experimental drivers as a hobby and always have lots of 4 cylinder engine parts on hand ( aprox 10 engines or so). I have been following the progress of the Panther and was holding back until the Lycoming powered ships started flying. After talking to Bob Woolley at Oshkosh this year about the performance of his plane I ran out of excuses. Looking forward to getting to know a completely different bunch of folks and have really enjoyed picking Dan's thoughts at Oskosh the last few years. It really is refreshing to see someone encourage different types of engines to be used in his designs. I got into this hobby for the flexibility and individuality you could bring to your own personal dream plane. Looking forward to building a lite weight 320 particularly suited to the Panther mission profile.