Hi from Winston Salem, NC

Introduce Yourself Here - Create your own thread and upload your project photos
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
blueisthenewblack
First Name: Stephen
Last Name: Leverett
City or Town: Ann Arbor
State or Province: MI

Re: Hi from Winston Salem, NC

Post by blueisthenewblack »

Sounds good, I'll PM you my phone number.

harry@fixmecar.com
First Name: HARRY
Last Name: KRUMMREY
City or Town: Brooklyn
State or Province: Michigan

Post by harry@fixmecar.com »

blueisthenewblack wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:16 pm Hi Harry,
I'm in Ann Arbor, Michigan, not too far from you. I have a wing up in the fixture and you're welcome to stop by and check out the parts and plans.

Thanks,
Stephen
Thank you Stephen,
I am looking into building a Light Sport and like to get more info on the Panther. I live in Brooklyn, Michigan in the summer and Labelle, Florida in the winter. I will be going to Sun and Fun before we leave Florida for Michigan. I will get in touch with you when in Michigan for the summer.
Thank You, Harry Krummrey

blueisthenewblack
First Name: Stephen
Last Name: Leverett
City or Town: Ann Arbor
State or Province: MI

Post by blueisthenewblack »

Hi Harry,
I'm in Ann Arbor, Michigan, not too far from you. I have a wing up in the fixture and you're welcome to stop by and check out the parts and plans.

Thanks,
Stephen

harry@fixmecar.com
First Name: HARRY
Last Name: KRUMMREY
City or Town: Brooklyn
State or Province: Michigan

Post by harry@fixmecar.com »

Hi Matt, Are you still working on your Panther? I will be visiting my daughter in Clemmons the first part of April 2022 and would like to see your project.

jamesmil
First Name: jimmy
Last Name: miller
City or Town: wilmington
State or Province: nc

Post by jamesmil »

Welcome Matt, I am in Wilmington nc, at pilots ridge " 03nc" . I started my panther in March of this year and am about 90% done with about 80% to go.if want to fly down and visit just let me know. Jimmy Miller

MAKpilot
First Name: Matt
Last Name: Kirby
City or Town: Winston Salem
State or Province: NC

Post by MAKpilot »

Thanks for the welcome, Dan! I've already been scouting your website. If I can maintain half the pace you're on I'll be pumped.

Good to see we already have a head start with a formation for Oshkosh here in the southeast!

PlaneDan
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Heath
City or Town: Lexington
State or Province: SC USA

Post by PlaneDan »

Glad to have you Matt. This is Dan Heath from Lexington, SC. There are two other builders that I know of here in SC and one is getting close to being completed. I have about a year left to go on mine.

My website for documentation is PantherBuilder.org.
PantherBuilder.org

MAKpilot
First Name: Matt
Last Name: Kirby
City or Town: Winston Salem
State or Province: NC

Hi from Winston Salem, NC

Post by MAKpilot »

Yep that's right, Winston Salem--home of the cigarettes though ironically I don't even smoke.

I am going to be proud builder of SN 078--ordered my tail kit just this Monday. After deliberating for months and considering that "other" all-aluminum manufacturer, at OSH '16 my choice became very clear. The Panther fits me like a glove and has a a lot of features that set it apart from the competition. Rachel & Dan being such nice people to talk with sure helped also.

My general concept so far, subject to change, is to build a personal X country tourer. I'm planning on the 23.5 ft wing for the increase in area with a projected MTOW of 1250-1275 lbs. This should push my stall speed out of LSA based on my calcs, however I'll be operating as a private pilot anyway. This will lower my g limits as well although my mission intent is more getting somewhere in a hurry than loops. I'll be outfitting lights, a glass panel (Dynon?) and I'm at an impasse between Lycoming 233 or a UL3#0.

Anywho, looking forward to speaking with all the other Panther builders out there!