3.3 L "Stroker" Corvair

Engine Topics
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
blueisthenewblack
First Name: Stephen
Last Name: Leverett
City or Town: Ann Arbor
State or Province: MI

Re: 3.3 L "Stroker" Corvair

Post by blueisthenewblack »

Here is a link to the 3.3L Corvair kit:
https://flywithspa.com/product/corvair- ... start-kit/

"The 3.3L has been dynomometer tested and output results are 119HP @ 2800 RPM and 125 HP @ 3300 RPM."

brucegray
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: Gray
City or Town: Dayton
State or Province: Nevada

Post by brucegray »

Any news on the improved 3.3L? Flight #'s, GPH, TRUE AS @ MSL? Had to have been some conversations and hanger flying around the camp fire at OSH.

T-6pilot
First Name: Simeon
Last Name: Highsmith
City or Town: Warner Robins
State or Province: GA

Post by T-6pilot »

I went by SPA Monday, 11 July and spoke to Dan and Rachel. The engine has been installed on the prototype and, if I understood him correctly, Dan was planning to fly it Tuesday, 12 July. Haven't heard how that test flight went, but I'm sure they're trying to ensure any bugs are worked out before Oshkosh.

Thomas
First Name: Thomas
Last Name: Harris
City or Town: Cle Elum
State or Province: WA

3.3 L "Stroker" Corvair

Post by Thomas »

Greetings All, Just (re)watched the "stroker" test run video (posted 1 year ago, today). Was wondering if Dan (and/or associates) had had an opportunity to install one and do some flight testing? Love to see, hear, and learn more about this version. Based on the power vs. displacement progression of the 2.7, 2.85, and 3.0 Liter versions, will the 3.3 produce 140 HP? (assuming a linear function , which, I know, is a substantial assumption!) Congrats to all the builders who have made so much progress / many completions. Thanks in advance for any (more) info / videos re: the Corvair option.