ULPower

Engine Topics
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
Renegade007
First Name: Doc
Last Name: Bailey
City or Town: Deland
State or Province: Florida

Re: ULPower

Post by Renegade007 »

Thanks Robert didn't know they had sep sections.. My bad .. .doc

Robert Helms
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Helms
State or Province:

Post by Robert Helms »

Hi Doc. How are ya?

This is the ULPower section. You may want to move your comments to the Lycoming and D-notor (sic) section so people will be able to find it.

Regards,
Robert

Renegade007
First Name: Doc
Last Name: Bailey
City or Town: Deland
State or Province: Florida

Post by Renegade007 »

Don't for get about the IO 233 Lycoming and the new 6 Cylinder D- notor they would be game changers in this airframe...

doc

Robert Helms
State or Province:

Post by Robert Helms »

Update as of today there is one Panther under construction with the 130hp fully inverted UL350iSA. Quite a few other companies are now using UL Power so we are getting more field experience every day. And there was a lot of interest in UL Power in the Panther and other airplanes at Oshkosh this year.

Let me know if anybody has any questions.

rlweseman
Site Admin
First Name: Rachel
Last Name: Weseman
State or Province:

Post by rlweseman »

I love it! LOL!

csjohnson65
First Name: Chris
Last Name: Johnson
State or Province:

Post by csjohnson65 »

Think I just keep thinking 'Panther' and so start the acronym with a 'P'. Easy to correct. :-)

rlweseman
Site Admin
First Name: Rachel
Last Name: Weseman
State or Province:

Post by rlweseman »

csjohnson65 wrote:Hi Robert - Maybe I should have said PSA endorsed configuration, by which I mean airframe/engine/prop.
The company is SPA - short for Sport Performance Aviation LLC. I think this is where the confusion is.

csjohnson65
State or Province:

Post by csjohnson65 »

Hi Robert - Maybe I should have said SPA endorsed configuration, by which I mean airframe/engine/prop.

I hope SPA sold a ton of kits at Osh! The more successful they are and the larger the builder community the better! Same for ULPower!

I'd love to start building, but think it's more prudent to wait until there are some Sports in the air and experience with both the O-320 and UL520i, along with respective props and FWF packages. I'm not the right builder to experiment with the big stuff.

Chris
Last edited by csjohnson65 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robert Helms
State or Province:

Post by Robert Helms »

You are welcome.

I understand they sold some kits at Oshkosh so if you wait too long you may have a longer wait than you anticipated.

What is PSA provided configuration? Do you mean what FWF Kits Dan is going to provide? My understanding is he will work with ULPower and Customers to provide whatever HP they want to install. We have a prospect very close to buying a UL260iSA but he's waiting for clearance (not sure if it's his conscience or his wife).

Good luck with your decision process. I think it is an awesome plane and I really look forward to working with Dan, Rachel and you.

Regards.

csjohnson65
State or Province:

Post by csjohnson65 »

Hi Robert - Thanks again for the always prompt reply! Greatly appreciated.

Good to know the prop manufacturers that you're working with, and even better to know that Dan is planning to put a UL520i in his plane. It may be awhile, but I do look forward to his prop selection and flight test results.

I haven't ordered the tail kit yet as I'm a bit conservative and would prefer to let a few others be the trailblazers and provide some lessons learned. I'd also like to have a better understanding of the SPA provided configurations. - Thanks! Chris
Last edited by csjohnson65 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.