Found a Corvair engine today!

Engine Topics
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
Lowrider
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Dickey
City or Town: Sandpoint
State or Province: ID

Re: Found a Corvair engine today!

Post by Lowrider »

I had thoughts of collecting corvair parts over time to relieve the pain of buying it all at once. When I moved to Idaho 5 years ago all my Corvair reading material somehow vanished so I guess I need to start over. I have a fellow in town who used to build Corvair race engines for dune buggy/sand drag races in Calif. so I may draw upon his experience but there sure isn't much in the way of parts or engines available in North Idaho...guess I'll need to expand my search.

I currently have a 160hp 0-320 being built for the LSA I'm building but it can't hurt to collect parts for the next project.

danweseman
First Name: dan
Last Name: weseman
State or Province:

Re: Found a Corvair engine today!

Post by danweseman »

Thats pretty funny Steve...
But Its not really to bad if you plan ahead and invest sometime in research. Let us know if we can help
Congrats
Dan
Dan Weseman
Designer
Builder
Test pilot
Panther 515XP

stevegawler
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Gawler
City or Town: Ocala
State or Province: Fl

Found a Corvair engine today!

Post by stevegawler »

Someday I'm going to look back on this picture of a 51 year old, allegedly "running when removed four years ago" engine and wonder how my beautiful 120 hp Panther LSA engine started out looking like this. Right?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by stevegawler on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.