Intro Potential Builder (Pella, IA)

Introduce Yourself Here - Create your own thread and upload your project photos
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
Mark Mineart
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Mineart
City or Town: Pella
State or Province: Iowa

Intro Potential Builder (Pella, IA)

Post by Mark Mineart »

First time poster long time follower.

I’ll start by introducing myself. My name is Mark. I have been following the Panther progress since Oshkosh 2014.
I’m currently on the verge of getting my pilots license. All I have left are my solo XC’s and the practical.

I would say I’m in the “research” phase of the build process and I anticipate I’ll be here for a while since I don’t plan on pursuing the endeavor without the proper funds. I really like the work that everyone at SPA has put into the Panther and am really excited about what they bring to the market in the future.

I really like the Panther, but I’m wondering if anyone can shed any light on the progress of the Cougar? My build experience extends to helping my dad on his corvair powered 601XL so I am no stranger to FlyCorvair and some sheet metal work.
I’m am very interested in the 3.0L or 3.3L Corvair powered airplane and wonder if the Cougar is going to be designed around this type of power plant? If so, what type of performance are they looking to get from it?