Fly corvair.com?

Engine Topics
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
Jinkers
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Flugum
City or Town: Fort Collins
State or Province: CO

Re: Fly corvair.com?

Post by Jinkers »

Any idea how much the Stroker kit will go for?

Thanks!

Lowrider
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Dickey
City or Town: Sandpoint
State or Province: ID

Post by Lowrider »

Dan,

What is the expected HP on your mods?

I'm mostly interested in a cougar and I saw one stalking a young deer for the 2nd time in my life last Sunday so it must be an omen. Anyway, I'm at least a year out for one but the idea of a tandem seat LSA certainly is appealing to me!! I'm building cubish LSA now and should be done next Summer.

Joe

danweseman
First Name: dan
Last Name: weseman
State or Province:

Post by danweseman »

George
What you describe is certainly technically possible. I don't think it will be a combination we offer. The extra cost of the "one off" pistons will go along way toward the new larger cylinders. The current plan Is to only offer the Stroker Crank as a kit with
Crank, rods ,pistons , cylinders, cam, and a clearanced case.
This is aimed at keeping the cost as low as possible by buying components in large batches . It will still be a expensive option.
This may change so feel free to check back in a few months.
Dan
Dan Weseman
Designer
Builder
Test pilot
Panther 515XP

gsikes
First Name: george
Last Name: sikes
City or Town: Albany
State or Province: Oregon

Post by gsikes »

Engines; Rachel/Dan --I don't know if the subject came up at the engine collage this mo. my last conversation with WW about his new dished pistons he thought you might have more info. on this as a .60 over for the stock cyl.that has
pin hight machined for your stroked cranks -- this is what I'm wanting to run auto gas all the time, thank you for any input you might give me--"I'm puttin this engine together for the Cougar so I guess there's no hurry"-- for those asking, Yes WW's flycorvair.net is up running for foice mail, they are at his parents house in NJ leaving for home 28-29 th--
george

Jinkers

Post by Jinkers »

It's not back up yet but I will check again this evening.

Thanks for the reply's.

danweseman
First Name: dan
Last Name: weseman
State or Province:

Post by danweseman »

Flycorvair has been down for technical reasons. It should be up already. SPA sells many Parts that work in concert with the WW (flycorvair.com or .net) parts.
Dan Weseman
Designer
Builder
Test pilot
Panther 515XP

woolleys
First Name: Bob
Last Name: Woolley
City or Town: Green Cove Springs
State or Province: Florida

Post by woolleys »

Scott. I believe that site has been incorporated into the Panther website. There is a section on that site that is dedicated to corvair parts and engines.

Bob W.

blueisthenewblack
First Name: Stephen
Last Name: Leverett
City or Town: Ann Arbor
State or Province: MI

Post by blueisthenewblack »

His sister site, flycorvair.net, is still up. The latest post on flycorvair.net says that WIlliam Wynne is at a Corvair College (looks like Dan Weseman is there too :)) and will be back at his shop around the 29th or 30th, and might be checking e-mail sooner. Maybe if you send him an e-mail he can take care of it as soon as he gets to a computer.. his e-mail is WilliamTCA@aol.com.

I also was stuck between an RV (the RV-7 in my case) and a Panther for a few months. I ultimately decided on the Panther as it will be faster and less expensive to build, but just as fun to build and fly. My Panther tail kit just arrived today!

Jinkers

Fly corvair.com?

Post by Jinkers »

Hi all,

I have been lurking around since this years Airventure studying up on the Panther and Corvair engine. When I headed to Oshkosh this year I was pretty convinced I was going to build a RV-8 but have become very interested in the Panther and have been researching engines... Which brings me to why I am posting in the engine topic. Does anybody know what happened to fly corvair.com? About the time I was going to order a manual and DVD the site went away.

Thanks,
Last edited by Jinkers on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.