Wing Fold Questions

Forum rules
The PantherCave is for Panther builders, potential builders and enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Be Nice and Use a Real Name.
psalter
First Name: Paul
Last Name: Salter
State or Province:

Re: Wing Fold Questions

Post by psalter »

Loren,

There are quick disconnects on the fuel lines from the wing tanks, there is only a few drips when you unplug them. The sender unit has a spade terminal that you plug in when you put the wings in. There are 4 wing pins, 2 on either side of the seat. You can just look down on either side and verify they are in. Currently, if the pin is nearly all of the way out, it also blocks the travel of the ailerons purposely. Pictures can be found in the Panther updates section of FLYPANTHER.NET in the March 2012 time, about when we rolled it out.
Paul Salter
Team Panther
Engineer and Builder

Loren
First Name: Loren
Last Name: DeShon
State or Province:

Wing Fold Questions

Post by Loren »

I realize that it's very early in Panther development, and as I said in my introduction I'm a couple of years away from building an airplane (last kid must finish college), but I can't resist asking a few questions regarding the wing fold feature.

1. Because the fuel tanks are in the wings, how are the fuel lines going to be dealt with?

2. Similarly, how are fuel gauge senders and electrical lines to wingtip strobes, for example, going to be dealt with?

3. Will there be a visible-from-the-cockpit verification that the wings are properly locked in position?