Trailer for Panther

Off topic discussion board
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
Tony Spicer
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Spicer
State or Province:

Re: Trailer for Panther

Post by Tony Spicer »

Hi Rick,

First, welcome to the ever-growing number of Panther builders!

Knew I had seen an answer to your question somewhere. Found it in the FAQ's.

"The Panther is 19 feet long from tip of the spinner to tail wheel. The width is 89.5 inches. The Panther will fit inside a standard 18 foot vnose or 20 ft long regular car hauler. The opening on SPA's current car hualer is 7.5 feet with a total width of 8 ft and 7 ft high. The highest point on the panther with the wings folded the wing tip resting on the horizontal stab is 79" (while sitting on foam pads)."

When trailering long distances, I believe SPA removes the wings and hangs them on the trailer side walls.

Tony

Rpellicciotti
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Pellicciotti
State or Province:

Trailer for Panther

Post by Rpellicciotti »

I am wondering if the Panther Team has any tips or suggestions for trailering the airplane now that they have done it for a while? I have yet to begin my build but I find myself in need of a trailer for another purpose. I would like to make sure whatever I buy will have the necessary size/features/etc. for the Panther too.

I have these visions of towing my Sport wing Panther behind the motor home from one SARL race to another when I retire. :)

Rick Pellicciotti
http://www.belleaireaviation.com