Where is everyone on your build? 54 builders out there now!

General Panther Building Discussion
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
colin
First Name: colin
Last Name: dyke
City or Town: New Dublin
State or Province: Ontario

Re: Where is everyone on your build? 54 builders out there n

Post by colin »

Serial #054
0-320 installed
one wing almost finished , spars finished
tail and vertical fin finished
wheel pants installed
Panel 90% waiting for EFFIS
tanks complete
canopy finished
seat fabricated and installed
controls finished with cabin heat

Colin Dyke
Brockville Ontario Canada

at7000ft
First Name: RICK
Last Name: HOLLAND
City or Town: CASTLE ROCK
State or Province: Colorado

Post by at7000ft »

fwellman@att.net wrote:Ron,

Not quite as bad a procrastinator but....

I have serial #004. I purchased the kit from another builder, a little under 3 years ago. The previous builder had the turtleneck complete and had the horizontal stabilizer made but not attached.

I have finished the fuselage, tail feathers, wings, canopy, engine hung (0-320), & cowling rough fitted. My next step will be the baffling, which I have ordered through SPA and hoping it will come soon. After that, final fit of cowl, wiring, electronics and final rigging. 90 percent done, 90 percent to go. I have my build posted on Kitlog, but my posts are not up to date.

Fred
Glad to hear that Dan sells a Lycoming baffle kit, was wondering if I was going to have to make that myself, or order one from Vans and modify for the Panther.
Rick Holland
N6819Z

matthunter1448
First Name: matthew
Last Name: wiechman
City or Town: spanaway
State or Province: wa

Post by matthunter1448 »

PlaneDan wrote:My guess is that there are many more than 54 builders out there, or, there are many more flying than we know about. I want to hear more about those flying. Engines and performance.

I am builder #020. I thought it would take me about 2 years to complete the Panther as it is such a simple build. However, in 2 days, I will complete 5 years on this project. A large hold back was on the engine choice and the lack of parts that fit that engine choice. The engine mount is great, but the cowling and a few other things have been giving me a real fit. But, given all the roadblocks encountered with that, I am very excited to report that I expect to be flying sometime in April of this year.

I recently changed my Header photo on my web site, from the prototype, to my plane as it sits today.

PantherBuilder.org

Tried to put this as a url, but did not work, so if you want to see what it looks like now, paste that into your browser.
Dan might check some of your links too the last few times I've browsed you site some of the links u click on don't work,. It might be my side but thought I would give a heads up. Also glad to hear you'll be flying this year. I can't wait to get to that point on my project.

PlaneDan
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Heath
City or Town: Lexington
State or Province: SC USA

Post by PlaneDan »

My guess is that there are many more than 54 builders out there, or, there are many more flying than we know about. I want to hear more about those flying. Engines and performance.

I am builder #020. I thought it would take me about 2 years to complete the Panther as it is such a simple build. However, in 2 days, I will complete 5 years on this project. A large hold back was on the engine choice and the lack of parts that fit that engine choice. The engine mount is great, but the cowling and a few other things have been giving me a real fit. But, given all the roadblocks encountered with that, I am very excited to report that I expect to be flying sometime in April of this year.

I recently changed my Header photo on my web site, from the prototype, to my plane as it sits today.

PantherBuilder.org

Tried to put this as a url, but did not work, so if you want to see what it looks like now, paste that into your browser.
Last edited by PlaneDan on Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
PantherBuilder.org

Barry
First Name: Barry
Last Name: Cole
City or Town: Salida
State or Province: Co

Post by Barry »

I am in a holding pattern on my project, decided to restore a hanger queen C-182 for the family trips. My Panther Sport is on the gear, wings done and working on rigging. Also will be assembling my O-320 so I can install it and fit cowling. I can't wait to get back to work on it!
Panther Sport #95

matthunter1448
First Name: matthew
Last Name: wiechman
City or Town: spanaway
State or Province: wa

Post by matthunter1448 »

Hello all, I got #107 and soon to be #77. Finished my tail kit and aft fuse kit. Got started on my wings. Had to leave my project for some months for work, Then I found a full panther kit #77 for a good price so I bought that for the rest of the kits I needed. Now I have a tail kit (mostly completed) aft fuse kit and sport wing kit for sale with the hardware kits. I plan on mounting the two halves of the fuselage this weekend when I go home. I've also been drawing wiring diagrams for my planned avionics and engine so I can acquire the parts I need for that why I'm away from my build for the next few months. Also I'm looking for a some good 2d drawings if anyone has anything. Looking to design the paint scheme next while I wait. Total I got about 106 hours in my build and super happy with it!

fwellman@att.net
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Wellman
City or Town: Middleburg Hts
State or Province: Ohio

Post by fwellman@att.net »

Ron,

Not quite as bad a procrastinator but....

I have serial #004. I purchased the kit from another builder, a little under 3 years ago. The previous builder had the turtleneck complete and had the horizontal stabilizer made but not attached.

I have finished the fuselage, tail feathers, wings, canopy, engine hung (0-320), & cowling rough fitted. My next step will be the baffling, which I have ordered through SPA and hoping it will come soon. After that, final fit of cowl, wiring, electronics and final rigging. 90 percent done, 90 percent to go. I have my build posted on Kitlog, but my posts are not up to date.

Fred

tomkk
First Name: Tom
Last Name: Kodey
City or Town: Port Orange
State or Province: FL

Post by tomkk »

Getting close to scheduling my inspection ... https://photos.app.goo.gl/HvV8XnPvk7fcZD778
Tom
Port Orange, Fl
Panther #104 (1st flight March 13, 2020, 72 hrs as of July 15, 2020)
RV-12 (1st flight June 10, 2015)
RV-12 (Eagles Nest 1st flight May 18, 2019)

MyronNCallaham
First Name: Myron
Last Name: Callaham
City or Town: Bowling Green
State or Province: Kentucky

Post by MyronNCallaham »

All aluminum work complete and canopy
Installing avionics and wiring
Engine next
Then to hanger for wing fitting
Come on spring weather

at7000ft
First Name: RICK
Last Name: HOLLAND
City or Town: CASTLE ROCK
State or Province: Colorado

Post by at7000ft »

You are no slower than I am Ron, working on kit #32, fuselage/tail is done firewall back (no avionics/electric/fuel lines), wings done inc. tanks, starting on canopy then need to order an engine mount for a mid-time 320 B2A I picked up (and decide on a prop).

RH
Rick Holland
N6819Z