Horizontal Stabilizer Holes

General Panther Building Discussion
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
psalter
First Name: Paul
Last Name: Salter
State or Province:

Re: Horizontal Stabilizer Holes

Post by psalter »

Your welcome, figured you might of missed the tabs. Certainly have done that before myself.
Paul Salter
Team Panther
Engineer and Builder

GlenNJ
First Name: Glen
Last Name: Robinson
City or Town: Marmora
State or Province: NJ

Post by GlenNJ »

Thanks again Paul. I'm not that familiar with Excel, and I missed the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet. I never opened the other 2 tabs on the bottom.

Glen

GlenNJ

Post by GlenNJ »

Thanks Paul and Rachel. I'll go over the revision logs again, to make sure there's nothing else I missed.

Glen

psalter
First Name: Paul
Last Name: Salter
State or Province:

Post by psalter »

Glen,

In the revision log, there are 3 tabs at the bottom. The 3rd tab over is the Parts revision log. Lines 6&7 address this issue, and was found in September 2013. It states to use the inner rib as a guide and drill the center holes.

So, there is no problem drilling the holes, and later parts already are drilled.
Paul Salter
Team Panther
Engineer and Builder

GlenNJ

Post by GlenNJ »

This picture can explain better what I want to do.
Glen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GlenNJ

Post by GlenNJ »

Hi Rachel,
I looked at the revision logs, and I couldn't find any mention of my question. I then looked at all of the tail section plans, and I could only find a contradiction in the plans. If you look at plan P-T-HT VT spar details (PK), you can see three holes, where the forward and rear ribs (inner ribs) attach, to the forward and aft spars. If you look at plan P-T-0.1875 FST, it doesn't show a hole location, where the inner rib holes should be. I understand that I have to drill 8 holes in the front spar, and 4 in the rear spar (shown on print P-T-HT, VT Install prep). These holes are for the horizontal stabilizers attachment to the fuselage, and not the ones I'm talking about. It seems that the middle holes for the inner ribs, where they attach to the spar stiffener, and spar channel, weren't drilled. No big deal, I can drill them. I just want to make sure I won't screw something up by doing so.

Glen

rlweseman
Site Admin
First Name: Rachel
Last Name: Weseman
State or Province:

Post by rlweseman »

Please see the revision log on the builders cave regarding this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlenNJ

Horizontal Stabilizer Holes

Post by GlenNJ »

I'm working on my horizontal stabilizer, and I'm curious as to why the inboard rib locations on the spar channel, and spar stiffener, don't have holes in the middle, for the forward and aft ribs? The middle and outboard rib locations on my spars, have the 3 holes drilled (not 2 holes like the inboard location). I looked at other build photos, and found the 3 holes were drilled on Andy Shorter's H.S. (Picasaweb pictures 31 & 33). Is there any reason why I shouldn't drill these holes on spars?

Glen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.