Landing gear dimentions

Forum rules
The PantherCave is for Panther builders, potential builders and enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Be Nice and Use a Real Name.
GlenNJ
First Name: Glen
Last Name: Robinson
City or Town: Marmora
State or Province: NJ

Re: Landing gear dimentions

Post by GlenNJ »

I'm going to use the standard main tires, wheel pants, and the small tail wheel. It looks like I'll need a trailer that is at least 6' wide x 16' long. Thanks for the measurements Paul.

Glen

psalter
First Name: Paul
Last Name: Salter
State or Province:

Re: Landing gear dimentions

Post by psalter »

Sorry it took a while, had to get to the prototype and my airplane. With the standard wheel and brake package, it is 68 inches wide to outside of tires. And 175 inches long tail wheel to front of tires. Wheel pants add about 3 inches to width, and about 6 inches in length. Larger wheels and brakes will probably make it slightly larger in both directions, not sure how much.
Paul Salter
Team Panther
Engineer and Builder

GlenNJ
First Name: Glen
Last Name: Robinson
City or Town: Marmora
State or Province: NJ

Landing gear dimentions

Post by GlenNJ »

Does anyone know the width of the Panther landing gear (outside wheel pant, to outside wheel pant), and the distance from the back of the tail wheel to the front of the wheel pants? I might be able to pick up an open, flat trailer real cheap. I want to make sure it's long and wide enough, to accommodate the Panther's landing gear.

Thanks,
Glen