Questionable Parts

Engine Topics
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
brucegray
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: Gray
City or Town: Dayton
State or Province: Nevada

Re: Questionable Parts

Post by brucegray »

Rick & Dan,

Thank you! I will go pick the cases and heads up after lunch. In the washer now. I will snap a photo of the questionable head and send it your way. I'll also reach out to Mark at Falcon.

For the quickest tranfer of photo Dan you want to send me a text to 775-220-1880. I can fire back the attached photo in a return text.

Thanks for your guys help.

Bruce Gray

danweseman
First Name: dan
Last Name: weseman
State or Province:

Post by danweseman »

Bruce
If you can send a picture of the area I can give you some guidance. We can convert and overhaul the heads also if you cant get in touch with Mark P.
Dan Weseman
Designer
Builder
Test pilot
Panther 515XP

at7000ft
First Name: RICK
Last Name: HOLLAND
City or Town: CASTLE ROCK
State or Province: Colorado

Post by at7000ft »

I would call Mark at Falcon - http://www.falconmachine.net/. If you send the heads to him for rework and one is unusable he has plenty of cores.

rh
Rick Holland
N6819Z

brucegray
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: Gray
City or Town: Dayton
State or Province: Nevada

Questionable Parts

Post by brucegray »

I'm ready to take the major parts down to the transmission shop but have noticed corrosion in the center bore of one of the heads. I'm not that knowledgeable about the service limits nor what can be reconditioned. The motor was a good deal but has seen some weather. I had to sacrifice a rod but was successful in disassembly.
I plan a Dan replica with billet crank and rods. I guess my question is what are my options.

TIA,

Bruce Gray
Manual #303
Future "Panther"