Instrument Module Platform in Aft Fuselage

Avionics and Electronics Topics
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
PlaneDan
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Heath
City or Town: Lexington
State or Province: SC USA

Re: Instrument Module Platform in Aft Fuselage

Post by PlaneDan »

I think I have decided what to do about this. Build a cover box for the two up front, ADSB In/Out and Mode S XPDR.

For the ADAHRS, build a small platform that can be aligned with the plane of the longerons and mount it on top of the push tube cover. This photo shows the locations that I am thinking of.
TailCone_PantherPost_Instrument_Module_Placement.jpg
Comments and suggestions welcome
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PantherBuilder.org

PlaneDan
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Heath
City or Town: Lexington
State or Province: SC USA

Instrument Module Platform in Aft Fuselage

Post by PlaneDan »

Is it acceptable to install a shelf just forward of the first bulkhead, across the longerons and riveted to the longerons. I need a platform that is on the same plane as the aircraft in level flight. I am assuming that the longerons would be on that plane. I need a place to install my ADAHRS for my SkyView system. I believe that anyone who is using a "glass cockpit" will need the same. I am thinking using either an aluminum or fiberglass platform, but will need to rivet or bolt it to each longeron just in front of the first bulkhead.

I am open to other suggestions for a suitable location for this ADAHRS module.
PantherBuilder.org