Joining the Panther Pack

Introduce Yourself Here - Create your own thread and upload your project photos
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
danweseman
First Name: dan
Last Name: weseman
State or Province:

Re: Joining the Panther Pack

Post by danweseman »

Ron , I missed this post. your picture makes me jealous!. I loved the airbike since I saw it a sun n fun the first year it came out! I have hundreds of hrs in just about every UL out there except a Airbike. Wanna trade a Panther flight for a Airbike flight let me know!
Dan Weseman
Designer
Builder
Test pilot
Panther 515XP

RonFranck
First Name: Ron
Last Name: Franck
City or Town: Cambridge
State or Province: IL

Joining the Panther Pack

Post by RonFranck »

Hello everyone. My name is Ron and I too have been following the development of the Panther with much interest. I've been retired for 10 years and live in Illinois on a small acreage where we garden, fool with horses and enjoy country living with our two dogs and a stray cat that has adopted us.
I'm a rag and tube guy, having built an Airbike ultralight that I've been flying for the past ten years. Prior to that I flew a 1961 Cessna 150, logging about 200 hours.
Ron and his Airbike_small.jpg
I have a couple of Corvair motors and several parts to start building one up into and aero engine, but I also have a O-200 sitting in the corner of the shop. Kinda waiting to see how engine choices work out in the prototype Panthers before locking in on one engine vs. another.
I've not worked in sheet metal before but I look forward to the challenge of learning new skills and like the idea that aluminum airplanes make no dust, rust or fumes.
AirVenture 2013 is going to be an exciting event and look forward to meeting the Panther Team and perhaps slipping my skinny butt into the seat of the Panther. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.