Single place FAR's

Forum rules
The PantherCave is for Panther builders, potential builders and enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Be Nice and Use a Real Name.
I_FLY_LOW
First Name: Philip
Last Name: Gill
State or Province:

Re: Single place FAR's

Post by I_FLY_LOW »

I did some digging on this subject a while back.
I'll post up some stuff I found, when I get some free time.

Sacpilot
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Braun
City or Town: Rocklin
State or Province: CA

Post by Sacpilot »

Yeah, the little handheld resqlink is a great solution. 406, handheld, small, and cheaper.
Christopher Braun
CFII - Owner Norcal Flight Center
EAA Lifetime #808722
Panther SN-052

PlaneDan
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Heath
City or Town: Lexington
State or Province: SC USA

Post by PlaneDan »

I also will lose the expensive ELT, but I have seen an ELT watch, that I plan to get just to be on the safe side. That is the only difference on the FAR that I have ever heard about.

Happy Building.
PantherBuilder.org

Sacpilot
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Braun
City or Town: Rocklin
State or Province: CA

Single place FAR's

Post by Sacpilot »

A fellow Zenith builder was looking at the new project I am going to start (Panther), and he commented on the fact that I won't need the uber expensive 406 elt I bought and kept. He said a single place doesn't need elt. It dawned on me that there may be other things that we can get away without. Anything else I can sell on EBay from my prior project as I scale down to single place?

I want to build a night VFR. Seems like compass, elt, and nav/strobe light combo from kuntzleman would about do it over day VFR. But don't need elt with single. The nav/strobes are super light, low power, and satisfy the 360 degree viewing requirement for position lights. Installed them on my 750. Amazingly easy and cheap. Not looking to fly night depending on engine, just fly at the edge and periodically get the 90 day night landings in.
Christopher Braun
CFII - Owner Norcal Flight Center
EAA Lifetime #808722
Panther SN-052