Available Sources?

Engine Topics
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
at7000ft
First Name: RICK
Last Name: HOLLAND
City or Town: CASTLE ROCK
State or Province: Colorado

Re: Available Sources?

Post by at7000ft »

Howdy Carl

Can't figure out how to read the private messages, you can email at at7000ft@gmail.com. Yes can show you my Pietenpol/Corvair and talk about Panther stuff, you may have seen me flying around Meadow Lake.

Rick H
Rick Holland
N6819Z

newamiga
First Name: Carl
Last Name: Houghton
City or Town: Colorado Springs

Post by newamiga »

Rick,
Can you check your private messages? I sent you one a while back. I am also based out of Meadow Lake and am thinking about a Panther and wanted to talk at some point if possible.

Thanks
Carl

at7000ft
First Name: RICK
Last Name: HOLLAND
City or Town: CASTLE ROCK

Post by at7000ft »

Yup, http://www.flycorvair.com and order the manual, and if you really want to get excited about building your own Corvair engine go to the next Corvair College that William is having. I went to three of them and now have almost 40 hours on my Pietenpol/Corvair (plans built), uses most of Williams parts and is running great, have had no problems with it since the first test run (and I ain't a mechanic or A&P). Not sure which engine I will use in my Panther that I am currently building but it is great having multiple options.

rh
Rick Holland
N6819Z

Rconc
First Name: Ron
Last Name: Condon
City or Town: Winston Salem
State or Province: North Carolina

Post by Rconc »

Bruce,
Get William Wynne's manual. it addresses all those questions.
Ron

brucegray
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: Gray
City or Town: Dayton
State or Province: Nevada

Available Sources?

Post by brucegray »

I have been reading and reading and believe with this project that has drawn me in from the RV arena I want to build an engine(Corvair) with all the upgrade's that are offered to realize the full potential of these light little engines. My question(s) are "Where to source a good block". I would like the whole engine so to ebay non-needed equipment and core exchange the needed stuff. I know that can get "no" answers or a "million" with evryone's hometown junk yard. Backyards, Estate Sales, Ol' garages, Pick-n-Pull, probably hear it all after this post. Guess this will be the fun in it, "The Hunt".
As read core blocks with 100K or less are desirable. I believe I'm in the market for the 110hp block which will be brought up to the 120hp range like the prototype Panther-1 after the additions, options & machine work.

I appreciate any advise or leads you may through my way. Not to clutter this thread here is my PM that you can give me the works if you have the leads. TIA everyone.

email : brucerv8@charter.net

Bruce Gray
RV8 #1 sold
RV8 #2 Emp done
Panther here we come!