Hardware kits

General Panther Building Discussion
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
rlweseman
Site Admin
First Name: Rachel
Last Name: Weseman
State or Province:

Re: Hardware kits

Post by rlweseman »

Finishing that up shortly. Yes it will include fuel lines, rudder cables and bearings. And typical nuts, bolts and rivets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlaneDan
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Heath
City or Town: Lexington
State or Province: SC USA

Post by PlaneDan »

Is there a hardware kit for what goes in the fore fuse, like fuel line and fittings? If not, is there a list documenting this anywhere?

Thank you for your time.
PantherBuilder.org

PlaneDan

Post by PlaneDan »

I just got my first "SPA" hardware kit. There has been a lot of discussion about rivets and I had thought that the BSC-42 that I got in my first hardware kit from Aircraft Spruce, may have been less than good. Now, I am pretty sure that they were "less than good". These from SPA, are as good as the BSC-43 that I had been using in place of the BSC-42 because the -42 were giving such bad results.

Some rivets have a dull grey mandrel, some have a shiny silver mandrel. The -42 and the BSP-46 from SPA both have shiny silver mandrels where those from Aircraft Spruce ( I had received more than one batch from AS ) have dull grey mandrels.

I used some of the new BSC-42 from SPA, and they all gave perfect results. I do have to note that the BSC-43 from SPA do not look as good as the BSC-43 that I had been using, but have not tried the ones from SPA, yet. I had read in some posts that you don't get bad batches of rivets, well I now do not think that is true. Also, I had a long discussion with the person who repairs the riveters at Taylor Pneumatic and he said that you should plan on adjusting your riveter with each different batch of rivets as you can definitely get some bad ones.

Anyway, for me, I will be getting all the rest of my hardware kits from SPA, as long as they have what is required.
PantherBuilder.org

rlweseman
Site Admin
State or Province:

Post by rlweseman »

The section in the BM needs to be updated for just hardware. However just above the parts list includes the hardware - range P6700. The list is below, or you can see our hardware kit (which we sell in our webstore) for the rear fuselage listed on our website here:
https://flywithspa.com/product/panther- ... dware-kit/
Hardware Name SPA Part Number Qty
BSP-42 P6701 350
BSP-43 P6702 100
BSP-46 P6703 100
BSC-42 P6704 450
BSC-43 P6705 550
CCP-42 P6706 50
AN525-1032R12 P6707 4
AN365-1032A P6708 4
AN960-10 P6709 4
Snap Bushing 1" mount hole 3/4 ID for 11/32 - 1/8 thickness MMC-5269T54 P6710 4

PlaneDan

Post by PlaneDan »

I am looking at v3.1 of the BM Rear Fuselage and there is no Hardware listed under:

1.2.3 Hardware List

I need to check my inventory as I am running out of some rivets.
PantherBuilder.org

rlweseman
Site Admin
State or Province:

Post by rlweseman »

Yes - however we are working on getting hardware kits on our website that are more thorough. Should be done in the next few weeks.
If you can wait to order I would recommend ordering from us.

at7000ft
First Name: RICK
Last Name: HOLLAND
City or Town: CASTLE ROCK
State or Province: Colorado

Hardware kits

Post by at7000ft »

Am looking at the Panther hardware kits on ACS and have a question, to build my full Panther kit I assume I will need all the hardware specified in the spar, fuel tank, and wing hardware kits?

thanks
Rick H
Rick Holland
N6819Z