Kit Cost?

General Panther Building Discussion
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
GlenNJ
First Name: Glen
Last Name: Robinson
City or Town: Marmora
State or Province: NJ

Re: Kit Cost?

Post by GlenNJ »

Dan,
Thanks for the correction, and that's a relief. I thought SPA was going a different direction, making it a financial burden to build from plans. I understand that the best deal to be had, would be to buy the complete kit. This isn't an option for me at this time.
Glen

danweseman
First Name: dan
Last Name: weseman
State or Province:

Post by danweseman »

A quick correction. The spar "stiffener plates" (qty3 .025 and qty 1 .063) are CNC machined and reamed for the included steel wing pin bushings. These "stiffener plates" and the welded parts must be bought. Everything else including landing gear legs, fiberglass parts, all sheet metal etc. can be built from plans. These plates can be purchased with out buying the entire spar kit. We will post prices on site asap. The spar caps are 1.5x1.5x.125 6061-t6 (available in almost any town) and the outer web is 0.032 6061-T6. These can be built from the plans. The "spar kit" listed on site is fully machined and ready to ream rivet holes, counter sink a few, debur, and rivet.
Also the individual part prices do not take advantage of the "kit" or "sub kit" discounts. The lowest cost way to get the prefab parts will be the full kit, next would be sub kits etc.
Also you cant compare a Onex to a Panther(on many levels) as you cannot build ANY of the Onex from plans!.
Please feel free to contact me directly at (anyone anytime) at 904 563 4337 or dan@flywithspa.com Thansk
Dan Weseman
Designer
Builder
Test pilot
Panther 515XP

GlenNJ

Post by GlenNJ »

Wow, that's a big disappointment. I new I had to buy some mandatory parts, like the fuselage truss, landing gear, cowling and canopy, but I thought I could scratch build most of the Panther. I didn't think it was mandatory to buy a $2,000 unassembled spar. I can't commit to building a Panther, until I find out how much the other mandatory parts are going to cost. I just sold my Onex tail kit because I was going to commit to building a Panther. I hope I didn't make a mistake.
Glen

rlweseman
Site Admin
First Name: Rachel
Last Name: Weseman
State or Province:

Post by rlweseman »

This is the cost of the spar kit, not assembled. This is mainly for scratch builders as the main spar is precision machined for the cross fuselage wing pins and will not be available for scratch building.
There will be an upgrade fee for pre-assembled spars for kit builders or scratch builders. The cost on this is not yet determined, but will be comparable to what other kit manufactures charge.

GlenNJ

Post by GlenNJ »

Because of the price of the spar kit, I have assumed the spar is built, but then I realized it does say spar"kit". Is the $2,000 price for a Panther spar kit for a completed spar, or a kit that must be assembled. I think I read somewhere that Tony S. said the spar must be purchased from Sport Aircraft (I guess this means the dimentions won't be on the prints). Is this true?
Glen

GlenNJ

Post by GlenNJ »

Dan or Rachel,

I see you added a Form Block, Spar, Wing Ribs and Fiberglass tip Kits to your Panther Order Page. Does the Form Block Kit have all the form blocks for the entire airplane?

Glen

Wes Ragle
First Name: Wes
Last Name: Ragle
State or Province:

Post by Wes Ragle »

Hi Dan,

I've been out of town for a couple days. The pricing looks very good indeed. The Panther is going to take the Light Sport world by storm.

Exciting Times!

Wes

danweseman
First Name: dan
Last Name: weseman
State or Province:

Post by danweseman »

Hi ,Wes . Pricing and delivery info will be up tonight
Dan
Dan Weseman
Designer
Builder
Test pilot
Panther 515XP

Tony Spicer
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Spicer
State or Province:

Post by Tony Spicer »

Hi Wes,

Getting to be a real Sonex renunion around here!

Prices haven't been released yet, but look for something by the end of the week. With that gusher pumping away on your ranch, no worries, mate.

Tony

Wes Ragle
First Name: Wes
Last Name: Ragle
State or Province:

Kit Cost?

Post by Wes Ragle »

I have poked around a good bit but haven't seen an estimate of total kit cost yet. Does anyone know?