Builder Sites & Photo's

General Panther Building Discussion
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
PlaneDan
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Heath
City or Town: Lexington
State or Province: SC USA

Re: Builder Sites & Photo's

Post by PlaneDan »

As a devout reader of Tony's site, I fully appreciate having resources available where you can see how this plane can be assembled. In fact, when his site went down, like many others on this forum, I got very concerned. When it came back up, I spent over an hour reviewing the wing build before going out to continue mine. If he did not realize what a tremendously valuable resource this is for this community, I hope he does now. I send my thanks to him.

For me, the purpose of building the site is mostly selfish, while wanting to share what I can about how I went about building the Panther, the real benefit that I get from taking the time to do this, is to have a document for the DAR, that proves, as much as possible, that I am the builder of this aircraft, and incidentally, that I am truly an amateur. I encourage everyone who can, to do something like this. I have found that years after finishing my last KR2, that I get great pleasure when sharing what I documented, with current builders, and looking back at what I did and how I did it.

Here is a link to my web site. I am a 3 time experimental builder, counting the Panther. This is my first metal airplane and I am loving it.

http://pantherbuilder.org/

PantherBuilder.org is developed in a combination of Word Press and html code. If you choose, you can "Subscribe". This is not required, but if you do, I encourage you to include some information about yourself. If you do subscribe, you can opt to get notices of posts, as you do on the Panther site. This is available only in the Word Press portion of the site. Also, you will notice a menu item for SPA Panther, which takes you directly to "FlywithSPA.com".

The main topics are in the menu under the Panther, and where available, there is a link to more detailed pictures and narrative of the build for that particular topic. For instance, the menu "Wing Kit" takes you to the "Blog" which contains sort of an overview of the topic. Under Wing Kit, you will see two other menu items, one for the right wing and one for the left wing. These take you to the detail images and narrative of the build for those components.

Like my building skills for metal airplanes, my building skills for Word Press blogs are at the novice level. However, I did stay at an Holiday Inn Express, last night.
PantherBuilder.org

brucegray
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: Gray
City or Town: Dayton
State or Province: Nevada

Post by brucegray »

Thanks Tony!

Yes, I look forward to the activity close by not to mention the experience with Paul and Louise. Again, look forward to your posts and if the stars align right here in the near future I will be off and running with a Panther build. I believe you I bet the water is great! Hah...

I noticed I messed up Rachel's name in my earlier post. Sorry. think I got it right now. ; )

Take care and have fun with your build.

Bruce

Tony Spicer
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Spicer
State or Province:

Post by Tony Spicer »

Howdy Bruce,

You are a very lucky guy to have Paul and Louise as neighbors! I understand they'll soon be back in the shop building a Xenos motorglider.

Not sure why, but with all the Panthers currently being built Dan Heath and I seem to be the only ones that post updates on a regular basis. You can find the complete list here: http://flywithspa.com/panthercave/viewforum.php?f=14

The RV crowd is well represented. I built a -3, and there are at least two others that either built or bought a -8.

Come on in, the water's fine!

Tony

brucegray
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: Gray
City or Town: Dayton
State or Province: Nevada

Builder Sites & Photo's

Post by brucegray »

My name is Bruce Gray and I have been a member for a couple month's now. This will be my first post and only have a few comments a questions. I'm familiar with homebuilt airplanes as I have built a RV8 to the final stages(sold) and have since started a 2nd to hopeful completion. I have always loved the look and the personal aspects of the RV3 and happen to stumble upon the Panther.
As I started to research the airplane I found it featured in Kitplanes Magazine. Low and behold Paul Dye and new neighbor in the community here in Dayton, NV test flew the airplane. I have been hooked since just for the simplicity and design of the Panther.

I have followed Tony's build and photo blog very religiously to this point. I do see other photo's from now and then that Rachael post from other builders but have yet to find their link's? Are the other builders photo documenting there progress as closely as Tony or can someone point me in the direction to view your builds. As they say a photo is worth a 1000 words. To all the early builders keep up the good work and lets see what you have. I would expect some of the 1st half dozen aircraft will be in the air by next spring.

Look forward to communicating with other builders and learning from your endeavors.

Happy Building!

Bruce Gray
RV8 #2
RV3 maybe
Panther - Looking better every day