New Member: Darren Golez who is a local Flight Instructor

Introduce Yourself Here - Create your own thread and upload your project photos
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
rlweseman
Site Admin
First Name: Rachel
Last Name: Weseman
State or Province:

Re: New Member: Darren Golez who is a local Flight Instruct

Post by rlweseman »

Hi Darren -
Welcome to the PantherCave - glad you joined us. Yes - I enjoyed teasing Dan about marketing the Panther in flight, that was interesting to hear over the radio from the ground :D
Rachel

Gadgetman
First Name: Darren
Last Name: Golez
City or Town: Jacksonville
State or Province: FL

New Member: Darren Golez who is a local Flight Instructor

Post by Gadgetman »

Hi Friends and Family of the Panther Team,

My name is Darren Golez who spent 24 years in the U.S. Navy as a Information System Technician and retired as a Chief Petty Officer last year (2/2012). Now, I'm a Flight Instructor at KSGJ working for Florida-Flyers which is a U.S. & European Flight School. I have over 1000 hrs total time and 690 hrs given as a Flight Instructor.

If you need a BFR/IPC feel free to contact me.

Funny story about how I met Dan. I was flying with a student in a Cessna 152 and flying near Haller Airpark. I queried about this his little plane as I saw it doing aerobatics. I was interested in the type of plane he was flying and called him on Haller Traffic frequency. He mentioned to me to search google for Panther Sport Aircraft and that led me to their blog site. Later that weekend, I contacted Rachel and met their family, Bob Woolley, and saw the Panther in person. It's a very pretty bird and I will eventually build one in the future.

All the Best,
Darren Golez, CFI, CFII, MEI
email: n4vfr@aol.com
Prospective Panther builder, Sports version with Lycombing O-320.
I need a tail wheel endorsement first!