Two questions

Forum rules
The PantherCave is for Panther builders, potential builders and enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Be Nice and Use a Real Name.
Joe Walker
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Waller
City or Town: Portland
State or Province: Oregon

Re: Two questions

Post by Joe Walker »

Joe,

Think I have both stashed somewhere. If I can find them, they're yours. Give me a couple days to look.

Tony[/quote]

Thanks again Tony...pm sent

Joe

Joe Walker

Post by Joe Walker »

rlweseman wrote:Hi Joe - welcome to the cave. Your first stop if you are truly interested in the Corvair is to get the conversion manual from FlyCorvair.com, if you haven't already. You can also find some good info on FlyCorvair.net.
Desirable core is 65 or later and 95-110 heads and no smog heads. Best to start with the manuals.

Rachel

Rachel,

Thanks for quick response....very helpful.

Joe

Tony Spicer
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Spicer
State or Province:

Post by Tony Spicer »

Joe Walker wrote:Thanks Tony....appreciate the help.

I have been on "fly corvair" many times, guess I just needed to dig some more to understand the numbering and parts system. WW book and DVD should give the details on finding a usable core.

Thanks again,

Joe

Joe,

Think I have both stashed somewhere. If I can find them, they're yours. Give me a couple days to look.

Tony

rlweseman
Site Admin
First Name: Rachel
Last Name: Weseman
State or Province:

Post by rlweseman »

Hi Joe - welcome to the cave. Your first stop if you are truly interested in the Corvair is to get the conversion manual from FlyCorvair.com, if you haven't already. You can also find some good info on FlyCorvair.net.
Desirable core is 65 or later and 95-110 heads and no smog heads. Best to start with the manuals.

Rachel

Joe Walker

Post by Joe Walker »

Thanks Tony....appreciate the help.

I have been on "fly corvair" many times, guess I just needed to dig some more to understand the numbering and parts system. WW book and DVD should give the details on finding a usable core.

Thanks again,

Joe

Tony Spicer
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Spicer
State or Province:

Post by Tony Spicer »

Joe,

Here's the squeezer video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frLcrJvSSa4

Corvair info here: http://www.flycorvair.com/

Tony

Joe Walker

Two questions

Post by Joe Walker »

Hi, new to the forum..... REALLY like this kit.

First- How do I go about searching for the right corvair engine core, I would like to build the 3000cc 120hp motor. Is it like lycombing where there is a myriad of models of the same hp or is it more straitforward, just search net for 3000 cc corvair core? All things considered (weseman crank, bearing and WW parts) what salvaged corvair parts would I need to bring to a corvair college? Many people are parting out case, heads, etc....

Second- much simpler question....where do I find the video on the new spar rivet squeezer? Looked all over and could not find it. I'm sure it is staring me right in he face.

Thanks,

Joe