KR Builder to Panther Builder

Introduce Yourself Here - Create your own thread and upload your project photos
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
Tony Spicer
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Spicer
State or Province:

Re: KR Builder to Panther Builder

Post by Tony Spicer »

Dan,

Very nice that you will be taking the time to show that there's more than one way to skin a Panther! There's another builder after you, plus 3 beta builders, for a total of 24. No clue how many of those are actively building, but hopefully some will choose to document their builds online.

Tony

PlaneDan
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Heath
City or Town: Lexington
State or Province: SC USA

KR Builder to Panther Builder

Post by PlaneDan »

Hello, This is Dan Heath or, PlaneDan. I have just become a Panther builder, SN020. I have previously built two KR2 aircraft, both powered by VW engines. I converted the current KR, BlackBird, from VW power to Corvair power, which I like. In doing that, I moved the fuel from a header tank to aluminum wing tanks. Building those wing tanks was my introduction to working with aluminum construction. However, this is not my most valuable asset for building the Panther, that would be all the RV Builder friends that are in EAA Chapter 242 at KCUB in Columbia SC. I think they are as excited about this project as I am

My goal is to build her in 2 years and fly her to the 2015 Corvair college in Barnwell, SC, as the Black Panther. I will be documenting my progress on my new web site, PantherBuilder.org which should be up in about two weeks.

YEEEHAAAAA!!!!!!
PantherBuilder.org