Prebuilt fuel tanks and wing spars

General Panther Building Discussion
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
brucegray
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: Gray
City or Town: Dayton
State or Province: Nevada

Re: Prebuilt fuel tanks and wing spars

Post by brucegray »

Hi Michael, the return question is, "do you have more time than money or the other way around". If you have a time line to get into the air and disposable money then quick build what's available. I spent 2-3 month's part time prepping the spars. I polished the webs and doublers really well. Riveting is easy with the SPA Rivet Squeezer. Really cool tool. Got a lot of satisfaction out of the spar build. Tanks are easy, just have to mess with the fuel sealant goop. I did both of mine and an RV7 cell in a couple weeks and sessions. I've built 3 sets of tanks and don't mind them, just have a good set up and all your tools and items prepared.

renaissanceman
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Loeven
City or Town: Lancaster
State or Province: PA

Prebuilt fuel tanks and wing spars

Post by renaissanceman »

I'm getting ready to put in an order for my wing kit in the next month or so. I am thinking about upgrading to the prebuilt tanks and/or spars. I was hoping for some feedback from those that either upgraded or didn't and built it themselves, as to how your experience was. Would you do it again? If you were to get only one upgrade, which would you get?

Thanks for the input